The Complete Wild Atlantic Way Challenge is taking place between 22nd June to July 5th 2017 leaving Derry and culminating two weeks later in Kinsale!
This event, which is being undertaken by a group of friends, has 14 stages and will run over 14 days raising funds for Pieta House.
A camera crew will also be part of the challenge to document the whole journey and a documentary will be broadcast in July.
The stages are as follows
1. Inishowen Peninsula - Derry to Letterkenny
2. Fanad Head - Letterkenny to Bunbeg
3. The Slieve League Coast - Bunbeg to Donegal Town
4. Donegal Bay and Sligo - Donegal Town to Ballina
5. Erris - Ballina to Belmullet
6. Achill Island and Clew Bay - Belmullet to Westport
7. Killary Harbour - Westport to Clifden
8. Connemara - Clifden to Galway
9. The Burren and West Clare - Galway to Kilkee
10. The Shannon Estuary - Kilkee to Tralee
11. The Dingle Peninsula - Tralee to Castlemaine
12. Ring of Kerry - Castlemaine to Kenmare
13. Beara and Sheep’s Head - Kenmare to Durrus
14. West Cork - Durrus to Kinsale
The organisers wish to emphasise that this is not a cycle race but it's about soaking in the beauty of the Wild Atlantic Way while raising much needed funds for Pieta House.
You can follow their progress here https://www.facebook.com/WildAtlanticWayChallenge2017/